|The deadline for abstract submission is: Wednesday, August 15, 2018
The deadline for abstract evaluation results is: Wednesday, September 05, 2018
- Instructions for submission of abstracts
- Important information
- Instructions for preparation of abstracts
- Instructions for approved abstracts
- Schedule for Posters Exhibition
To submit an abstract, you must do the following:
1) To submit your work the main author responsible for submitting the abstract must be registered for the event. It is not necessary to pay when you register. This can be done after the disclosure of the acceptance of your abstract. The other authors who registered in the Congress must not resend the abstract that has already been submitted;
Abstracts must be sent exclusively through the Congress website.
2) Access the restricted area, providing your login and password recorded during your registration. New menus will be shown.
3) Click on the menu "My Abstracts".
4) Follow the instructions on the screen to access the abstract submission form. Fill in all the fields of the online form.
5) Before submitting your abstract, revise it carefully. Changes will be allowed only until the deadline for the submission of abstracts.
* The author responsible for submission must fill in all the fields of the online form. All the communication referring to the scientific work will be sent only to this author through the email registered and this person will be in charge of passing it on to the co-authors;
6) Mark the preferred mode = Scientific Article or Case Presentation.
7) When you finish submitting your articles, click on the button "Disconnect".
8) After the abstract is submitted an automatic email will be sent to the person in charge of the article (the person who submitted it), confirming the registration information. Check if it is all correct. If not, you must access the restricted area and make the necessary changes (this can be done until the deadline for abstract submission).
9) If you do not receive an automatic email on the same day confirming your submission, the abstract may not have been sent correctly. In this case, contact us and inform the event and the problem that occurred.
10) For new web accesses, just inform your USERNAME and PASSWORD. If you have forgotten them, use the option "Remember Password", at the top of the page.Em breve.
• The abstract must be sent exclusively in English, abstracts in other languages will not be accepted. The oral presentation of the work must also be made in English.
• The submission deadline for the abstracts is: Wednesday, August 15, 2018.
• To receive the certificate of your abstract after the event, one of the listed authors must be registered and have participated in the event.
• There is no limit to the number of articles sent by each author. There is no limit to the number of authors per article.
NOTE: The presenter must also be included in the list of authors!
• The result of the work will be disclosed in the author’s restricted area, in the menu “My Abstracts” on 05/09/2018.
• The person in charge of sending the work, after it has been approved, must confirm the payment of the registration fees until 17/09/2018. The presentation must be made by the person indicated upon the submission of the work. If this is not possible, another author of the article can make the presentation, as long as the latter has been registered at the event and has paid the registration fees.
• The abstracts must be sent exclusively through the official website of the Congress.
• Note: all the materials produced about the abstracts (annals, certificate, among others) will be an accurate reproduction of the information submitted by the author. Therefore, changes cannot be made to the spelling of the title, the abstract or the authors after the submission deadline. We emphasize that the information supplied is the sole responsibility of the author that submits the abstract.
• The amounts with discounts will respect the dates on the ‘Registration Fees’ table available on the event website, regardless of the approval date of the work. To guarantee payment with a discount the dates described on this table must be respected. There will be no compensation of the amounts paid for registration in cases of no-show or absence at the Congress.
• The author can choose the preferred way of presenting the work. However, the Scientific Committee reserves the right to change this choice.
• The final decision of the assessing committee is considered supreme, irrevocable and unappealable, and will not be reviewed. The articles that are not accepted for oral presentations, can be presented as posters and the authors will be informed of this decision.
• When submitting work, the authors commit to complying with the legislation and ethical rules that govern research with human beings and animals, as well as the approval of the Research Ethics and Animal Experimentation Clinical Ethics Committees.
• The Organizing Committee of the Congress will not be responsible for registration, transport, accommodations or other costs incurred in the presentation of the work in any form.
• Sending abstracts represents a commitment made by the author(s) to present the work, during the XXXIX Symposium of the International Society of Dermatopathology 2018, if it is accepted.
• The Title must be concise and reflect the study that will be presented.
• The abstract text must not exceed 250 words (not including the title and authorship/affiliation). Limit of 250 characters for the title.
• The abstract must be typed in a single body text and the author may adopt the following sequence for the Scientific Paper option: Introduction, Objective, Materials and Methods, Results and Discussion/Conclusion. These suggestions do not apply to Case Reports/ Clinical Cases.
• Poster abstracts – Presentation of cases, must be structured into: Clinical History, Histopathological Result and Tests, Discussion and Conclusion. The bibliographical references should not be included in the online submission. Considering that the case reports contribute significantly towards the exchange of experience among professionals, the Committee recommends that only common case reports with atypical evolution or very rare cases be sent, those that show important relevance.
• The Institution or Institutions where the work was done, as well as the authors’ names, must NOT be mentioned in the body of the text.
• The content of the abstract must be related to the topic chosen.
• Graphs or tables are not allowed.
• The instructions apply to the work sent in the poster mode.
• References and acknowledgements are not mandatory and if included must be computed as Body of the Abstract and must appear at the end of the abstract.
• Information regarding financial support provided for the project must be in the text together with the abstract.
• Results based on statements such as “the results will be presented” and/or “data will be analyzed” will not be considered. They must be exposed as clearly as possible and the conclusions must be based on the data presented. In this case, the authors must present the preliminary results, or if it is an ongoing study, for example.
• Trade names are not allowed, only generic drug names, written in lower case.
ORAL PRESENTATION MODALITY
The oral presentations must be made in no more than 10 minutes to present the work and there will be 2 minutes for a discussion. In case none of the authors attend the event, the presentation will be cancelled, and no certificate will be issued.
The presenter must prepare a PowerPoint slide presentation and arrive one hour in advance to save the file in the system at the Media Desk/VIP Room.
Information about the day and time of the presentation will be available in the restricted area of the main author and will be established beforehand in the scientific program of the Congress.
POSTER MEASUREMENTS: 1.20 (one meter and twenty centimeters) in HEIGHT x 0.90 (ninety centimeters) in WIDTH. (47.24 inches in height X 35.43 inches in width).
1) The posters must remain fixed in the locations determined by the Organizing Committee of the event, on the day and time preset by the judging committee.
2) Take string or adhesive tape to hang your poster, we will not provide these materials at the venue;
3) The number of the panels available in your restricted area in the field “Presentation” is very important as it will allow you to know where to hang your poster at the event venue.
4) The Scientific Committee will appoint a committee to judge the exposed work. One of the authors must be present at an established time for the presentation. The work must be presented on the established date and time, and no changes are allowed.
5) The posters that are not removed within the period determined by the organization of the event will be discarded.
6) The author is responsible for making a printed poster of the work that will be presented at the event.
Time to present poster: 5 minutes.
Those responsible for the posters must be available, beside their respective posters, so they can be questioned about their work. In the absence of the presenter, the approved work may be presented by one of its authors.
The 5 best articles will be selected for an oral presentation.
All the approved work presented during the congress will be published in the online supplement of the American Journal of Dermatopathology.
After the Congress an online certificate will be provided for the approved work to the author responsible for submitting the abstract in the website. To print or download, the congress participant must access the area of “Certificates” located on the homepage of the Congress, insert the registered email and fill in the “Satisfaction Survey”.
Note: the certificates are not directly sent to the congress participant’s e-mail.
- It shall be issued only 1 (one) certificate per submitted work. The work certificates shall be printed following the enrolled order of authors.
- At least one of the authors must be enrolled and show up in the event in order to receive the certificate afterwards.
- In case the author responsible for the submission of the summary has not shown up in the event, one of the co-authors (who showed up and expounded the work) may request the certificate transfer by contact us
Event VenueCENTRO DE CONVENÇÕES REBOUÇAS
Operating for more than 34 years, Centro de Convençoes Rebouças (Rebouças Convention Center) specializes in leasing spaces for events. It has 17 environments with air-conditioning that can accommodate up to 2,300 participants.
You can easily reach Centro de Convençoes Rebouças through the following avenues: Avenida Paulista, Avenida Rebouças and Avenida Doutor Arnaldo – next to Clinicas Metro Station.
Av. Rebouças, 600 | 05402-000 | São Paulo | SP